Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G.Moore-Bings Come To Town
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Chalk wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:
Charlie Chalk wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:
I've been doing, some digging. I'm now wondering, if Calvin "Bubbles" Cameron, would be able, to shed some light on this? Uhuru, was his label, after all. Confused

I've sent him a friend request. Some sources show his as the actual artist on 'Bings', but I'm not sure.

Does the title refer to Mr. Crosby having come to town?
I hope he accepts. I'd love to know more, about the Uhuru label, and its stable. Smile

As for the tune, being about Mr. Crosby, coming to town, I'm not certain. I know that Bing was popular, on the island, though, does this warrant a "tribute" tune, to him?

Otherwise, the only Mr.Bings, I'm aware of, was a bar, in San Francisco! Which, was Chinese themed, at that! Maybe they opened a branch, in JA! Mr. Green

Looks probable:

If Jamaica's Round Hill didn't exist, Ralph Lauren would have conceived it. Built in 1953 by Jamaica-born entrepreneur John Pringle, itís been a favorite of celebrities for years. JFK and Jackie honeymooned in Villa 10. Oscar Hammerstein was the first owner of Villa 12. Alfred Hitchcock, Bing Crosby, and Adele Astaire were regulars.
Nice one, Andy! You beat me to it! I found similar information, to what you posted! Very Happy

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jamaicavillas.com/about/press/articles/club-jamaica/

Wink

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Have a listen!!! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: