Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50 Shades of Reggae: Southend. Sat 21 Oct

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> What's Happening?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ska N Mash
On Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: 50 Shades of Reggae: Southend. Sat 21 Oct Reply with quote

I'll be on dj duties tonight at the Borough Hotel in Southend tonight, Saturday 21st October.
It's on the seafront, close to the pier.
Plenty of ska, reggae and rocksteady with plenty of faces coming down from Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Grays, Hornchurch, Basildon, Canvey Island and of course the Southend crew.
8.30-1.30
FREE entry

www.facebook.com/events/755313964615906
Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame I'll be missing it Crying or Very Sad

Also see you're from Hornchurch - I know it well (fantastic chippy and kebab place up by Emerson Park). And I imagine you pop into Gary at Upminster here and there? Haven't been over for a while.
Ska N Mash
On Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My Cod, yea we ate from there a week ago.
But my fav kebab shop is Charcoal Grill by Hx station. Award winner! and bloody convenient!
Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small world mate!

Do you happen to know if Steve's still got his clothes stall at Romford Market? He does Harrington's, Monkey Jackets, Relco shirts, combats etc etc. Thinking of going over there in a few weeks as his stuff is way cheaper than on-line. Known him for years but haven't been in a while.
Ska N Mash
On Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve told me several times that he was packing up.
Romford Market organisers were pissing him off, and he said he was getting a bit too old for it. But he still does the scooter events, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was still doing Romford (at least during the warmer months).
Ive got his number if you want.
A friend of mine has a retro stall: 2nd Skin and I often have him at my events. He was there for my last event a few weeks ago at the Park Tavern in Southend. Infact tonight he's my request list selector (10 tracks from him as part of my set). I've got his number too, he's Canvey based.
Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate.

I wouldn't mind Steve and your other mate's numbers - drop me a private message if you don't want to post them on here.

Last time I bought from Steve he gave me a flyer for a scooter do and said he'd be there - I didn't pay much attention to it as I thought 'but I can see you over here on Saturday's if I want gear'. Never occurred to me that he might pack it in (been there since 1969 I think he told me). I sort of wondered about six weeks ago when I got on the train to Romford one Saturday but got there a bit late - half 4-ish - and there was no sign of him. It got me thinking whether he was still there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> What's Happening? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: