Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nighthawk Reissue: Justin Hinds [Travel with Love]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Re-presses / releases and re-issues / new vinyl
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mango Guava Reggae
Music Is The Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Nighthawk Reissue: Justin Hinds [Travel with Love] Reply with quote

Justin Hinds And The Dominoes
Travel With Love
Release date: February 23, 2018

Expanded reissue of the 1984 classic.
Justin Hinds topped the charts in Jamaica with his 1964 single “Carry Go Bring Home” and eventually recorded a staggering seventy singles for the Treasure Island Record label. A ska and rocksteady pioneer, after a short stint with Mango Records in the ’70s, he returned to the studio to record material for Nighthawk Records. Travel With Love was originally released in 1984, and combined Hinds and The Dominos’ classic past with the evolving reggae sound. The original albums’ 8 tracks were supplemented with a CD bonus track 3 years later, and eventually 2 more songs were unearthed for a 2015 LP reissue release. With Omnivore Recordings’ acquisition of the Nighthawk Records label in 2017, even more material has been discovered and added, to create the definitive version of this classic. Travel With Love now reappears in 2018, with 10 bonus tracks, 7 previously unissued. It has been mastered by Grammy®-winning engineer Michael Graves. In addition to the music, the packaging features new art and liner notes from original producer Leroy Jodie Pierson, who also co-produced the reissue with Grammy®-winner, Cheryl Pawelski. Prepare to travel to the past and embrace the future of reggae with Travel With Love.

CD / DIGITAL TRACK LIST:
GET READY ROCK STEADY
MISS WENDELL
BOOK OF HISTORY
TRAVEL WITH LOVE
WEEPING EYES
IN THE JUNGLE
SWEET LORAINE
THE RAINBOW
BONUS TRACKS:
MEDITATION
WOLF AND SHEEP
VALLEY OF REALITY
GET READY ROCK STEADY VERSION*
MISS WENDELL VERSION*
TRAVEL WITH LOVE VERSION*
IN THE JUNGLE VERSION*
LORAINE’S DUB*
THE RAINBOW VERSION*
MEDITATION VERSION*
* Previously unissued.

2-LP TRACK LIST:
SIDE 1:
GET READY ROCK STEADY
MISS WENDELL
BOOK OF HISTORY
SIDE 2:
TRAVEL WITH LOVE
WEEPING EYES
IN THE JUNGLE
SIDE 3:
SWEET LORAINE
THE RAINBOW
SIDE 4: BONUS TRACKS
WOLF AND SHEEP
VALLEY OF REALITY
MEDITATION
LP does not include a download card.

https://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/travel-with-love/

ORIGINAL
https://www.discogs.com/Justin-Hinds-And-The-Dominoes-Travel-With-Love/master/279126
j j
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Mango, I'll def be getting Travel With Love - all those tasty dub versions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mango Guava Reggae
Music Is The Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j j wrote:
Nice one Mango, I'll def be getting Travel With Love - all those tasty dub versions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Smile

As for me, I don't have those two albums, so I am happy to acquire them through these re-issue. I was looking at the list of reggae LPs issued by Nighthawk. There arent' that many. Approximately 25. I look forward for the reedition of the Itals. Also, it looks like WISER DREAD and KNOTTY VISION (if they repress them) would be issued on CD for the first time. As for CALLING RASTAFARI, I paid quite a lot two years ago for that one... knowing that there would have been some repress, I would have waited Wink
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the two JH re-issues, by Nighthawk, this is the better. Both, are top shelf, in any sense, though. Wink

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Mango Guava Reggae
Music Is The Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
Of the two JH re-issues, by Nighthawk, this is the better. Both, are top shelf, in any sense, though. Wink

Thanks!
j j
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mango Guava Reggae wrote:

Smile

As for me, I don't have those two albums, so I am happy to acquire them through these re-issue. I was looking at the list of reggae LPs issued by Nighthawk. There arent' that many. Approximately 25. I look forward for the reedition of the Itals. Also, it looks like WISER DREAD and KNOTTY VISION (if they repress them) would be issued on CD for the first time. As for CALLING RASTAFARI, I paid quite a lot two years ago for that one... knowing that there would have been some repress, I would have waited Wink

I just checked my database, I have 18 NH albums nearly all on CD & a couple of 12"s...great label, as was the US Alligator label which was around at roughly the same time as NH iirc.
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j j wrote:
Mango Guava Reggae wrote:

Smile

I just checked my database, I have 18 NH albums nearly all on CD & a couple of 12"s...great label, as was the US Alligator label which was around at roughly the same time as NH iirc.
Nice one, jj. Some tasty stuff, on Alligator. Wink

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Re-presses / releases and re-issues / new vinyl All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: