Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from new record label!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> If you're new, please say say "Hello" before posting in the main forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a documentary about the various boats, 'n' barges one can pay to have them sail you around the interior waterways of the UK....I think it'd be a wonderful holiday, sailing on that barge, Reggae music blasting away......one of the perks of being British! Laughing

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
RudePete
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
I watched a documentary about the various boats, 'n' barges one can pay to have them sail you around the interior waterways of the UK....I think it'd be a wonderful holiday, sailing on that barge, Reggae music blasting away......one of the perks of being British! Laughing

I did that back in 1977... I went with my girlfriend, her 3 sisters and boyfriend of one of them. They were Anglo-Indian and stunning model types. They all sold their parents' perfumes in the big London stores. We turned some heads that week I can tell you, us two 'erberts with these 4 stunners in bikini's pissing about on The Thames... Cool
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudePete wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:

I did that back in 1977... I went with my girlfriend, her 3 sisters and boyfriend of one of them. They were Anglo-Indian and stunning model types. They all sold their parents' perfumes in the big London stores. We turned some heads that week I can tell you, us two 'erberts with these 4 stunners in bikini's pissing about on The Thames... Cool
It looks like it'd be a peaceful, enlightening experience....unless, you had 4 stunners in bikini's.....then it'd be enlightening, among other things! Laughing

If I ever make it to ol' Albion, I'm hoping to take one of these barges, to explore the UK.....I loved how there are pubs along the waterways, that the barge can stop at.....I love pub culture, and I love that I can stop at an old Home Defence pill box from WWII one minute, then stop off at a pub for a pint of ale! Cool Cool

-Tom Waits
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
RudePete wrote:
Jahbuzzz wrote:
I thought somebody might have a 'punt' at that one.

I'll get my boat...

I did consider sticking me oar in.... Surprised
The ship had already sailed? Surprised
With poor punnage like this, I might have to "lock" this topic Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
RudePete wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:

It looks like it'd be a peaceful, enlightening experience....unless, you had 4 stunners in bikini's.....then it'd be enlightening, among other things! Laughing

If I ever make it to ol' Albion, I'm hoping to take one of these barges, to explore the UK.....I loved how there are pubs along the waterways, that the barge can stop at.....I love pub culture, and I love that I can stop at an old Home Defence pill box from WWII one minute, then stop off at a pub for a pint of ale! Cool Cool
I did the Macclesfield canal (and the bits at the Northern end - down to Whaley Bridge and up to Hyde, IIRC) in 1978.

Unfortunately, neither with Reggae lovers nor "4 stunners", it was with 5 other boozers...still the World Cup was on then, so it wasn't all bad news.

Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:
RudePete wrote:
Jahbuzzz wrote:
I thought somebody might have a 'punt' at that one.

I'll get my boat...

I did consider sticking me oar in.... Surprised
The ship had already sailed? Surprised
With poor punnage like this, I might have to "lock" this topic Wink
But, I was about to dive into some poop-deck jokes.....Tee hee.....poop-deck..... Rolling Eyes

-Tom Waits
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:
RudePete wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:

I did the Macclesfield canal (and the bits at the Northern end - down to Whaley Bridge and up to Hyde, IIRC) in 1978.

Unfortunately, neither with Reggae lovers nor "4 stunners", it was with 5 other boozers...still the World Cup was on then, so it wasn't all bad news.
Nice! Watney's Red Barrel was the choice for boozers, wasn't it? Wink

-Tom Waits
RudePete
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
Watney's Red Barrel was the choice for boozers, wasn't it? Wink

Ghastly stuff..... There's that old joke..."Don't take the piss out of Watneys, it'll lose all its flavour"... Surprised I guess you could put any beer you didn't like in there! Rolling Eyes
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watney's thought they were "upping their game" when they re-branded the much-ridiculed "Red Barrel" as simply "Watney's Red".

However, the "upping of their game" was also a "downing of the quality" of the beer - it tasted even worse, if that was possible.

Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudePete wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:
Watney's Red Barrel was the choice for boozers, wasn't it? Wink

Ghastly stuff..... There's that old joke..."Don't take the piss out of Watneys, it'll lose all its flavour"... Surprised I guess you could put any beer you didn't like in there! Rolling Eyes
I knew I could get some good retorts with that question o' mine..... Laughing

I was unlucky enough to try a bottle of the Red Barrel.....horrid stuff.....Sleeman's lager comes to mind, as well.....WOOF! Shocked Shocked

-Tom Waits
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Watney's thought they were "upping their game" when they re-branded the much-ridiculed "Red Barrel" as simply "Watney's Red".

However, the "upping of their game" was also a "downing of the quality" of the beer - it tasted even worse, if that was possible.
Laughing Laughing

True.....I used to debate which was worse, Skol, or Watney's.....how Watney's ever got a Royal licence, is beyond me....but, the logic of government leaders, etc. usually escapes me, anyway.... Rolling Eyes Wink

-Tom Waits
Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
True.....I used to debate which was worse, Skol, or Watney's.....how Watney's ever got a Royal licence, is beyond me....but, the logic of government leaders, etc. usually escapes me, anyway....

Not forgetting Double Diamond. Sweet, insipid stuff, I'll never forget the taste. The worst was Charrington's Crown Bitter - must have been about 2.8% - which they sold in the Marquee.
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosssounds wrote:
The worst was Charrington's Crown Bitter - must have been about 2.8% - which they sold in the Marquee.
Down there with Watney's Special Mild and Watney's Starlight Bitter.

...Skol is indeed dreadful, as was Skona lager - probably both along the lines of Sleeman's

Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some brews there, I haven't tried....and, from the sound of it....I'm glad! If ever, any of you spies Pabst Blue Ribbon.....stay away! Shocked

They won that ribbon back in '44.....too bad it was 1844......disgusting swill, that tastes worse and worse once it hits the tepid mark, and continues to warm..... Rolling Eyes

For now, my mass produced beers of choice would be: Dos Equis, Bohemia, or Indio....Sol, and Tecate aren't bad at all, with a twist of lime, and it's hot.
Victoria is good, but not worth the insane price, they charge... Rolling Eyes

-Tom Waits
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough beers I'll drink and enough beers I'll leave alone.

...and many, many more I'll never get around to trying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> If you're new, please say say "Hello" before posting in the main forum! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: