Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent (NON Reggae/JA or OT) purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Recommendations / Reviews / Clunkers and stinkers!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
That Lear, struck a chord within me, too...I've heard some of her disco output, but can't place any of it, at the moment.
Here's one track I do have...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ0Y2eMTkCc

FOLLOW ME.

I remember her from back in the 70s, but I either never heard any at the time or it simply didn't register.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
...he was one of those Punk Rocker types, that rarely bathed.
Mr. Green

Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
...you don't do eBay.....How about Discogs? Smile
Correct, although I do have an ebay user id - never used it.

I use Discogs as a reference site, and have bought (successfully) from there on 3 or 4 occasions...

Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:
...you don't do eBay.....How about Discogs? Smile
Correct, although I do have an ebay user id - never used it.

I use Discogs as a reference site, and have bought (successfully) from there on 3 or 4 occasions...
Used Discogs twice. First time, the gal in Leeds, was most courteous, in working with me, to get my that JG CD, so I'd be one more step closer, to having the entire Clancy Eccles range.

The 2nd time, the merchant, lost it, or summat, but gave a quick refund. Of course, the dosh I'd set aside, had been spent, on something else, when she sent word, she'd found it.... Rolling Eyes

I'll get that Lloyd Daley set, and finish off that range, one day. Wink

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
j j
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I closed my Discogs page down after getting ripped off , seller still had records over a month after he & Discogs told me they had been posted, got paypal involved but the seller had emptied his account, took months to get the refund - but the thing that really sealed the deal is that he's still selling on Discogs.

j j
j j
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the The Chills Kaleidoscope World compilation on CD , it's been re-mastered & 6 extra tracks , making it a 2CD set.
It's a compilation of music from the early years of the Chills history, in all it's jangly 'Dunedin sound' glory Very Happy

On Flying Nun.
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j j wrote:
I closed my Discogs page down after getting ripped off , seller still had records over a month after he & Discogs told me they had been posted, got paypal involved but the seller had emptied his account, took months to get the refund - but the thing that really sealed the deal is that he's still selling on Discogs.

j j
Sometimes you have to do things "on principle".

I won't use ebay, having read many times of shady practices and downright thievery going on.

It's probably meant that I've missed out on tunes, but a) I may have picked them up elsewhere anywhere (i.e. not knowing I'd missed them on ebay) and cheaper and b) I've probably saved a decent wedge of cash, which might have allowed me to buy from the reputable sellers like Athers, MdeK (RIP), Phil E and Rouncey, as well as the "routine" online shopping sites.

Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sorry to hear that JJ.

Have to say I've not had any problems with Discogs that I can recall. E-bay on the other hand is another matter: I've returned two items in as many months (refunded without trouble on both occasions), with the first item having an edge crack and the second looking like someone had try to staple it to something! But generally 9 out of 10 e-bay transactions are hassle free.

Pama has a couple of threads dedicated to 'naming and shaming', although it seems to be more about buyers than sellers (which may say more about its members than anything else). We've not had anything like that here to my knowledge.
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j j wrote:
I got the The Chills Kaleidoscope World compilation on CD , it's been re-mastered & 6 extra tracks , making it a 2CD set.
It's a compilation of music from the early years of the Chills history, in all it's jangly 'Dunedin sound' glory Very Happy

On Flying Nun.
Shocked

They finally got round, to issuing that?! With bonus tracks, too?! YES!
A nice, toe-tapping, and jangly sound. "Kaleidoscope World", is right there, with what bands like My Bloody Valentine, The Sea Urchins, and a few others, were doing, around that time frame. Cool

Much obliged, jj! I'll be asking Santa, to bring this for me..... Very Happy

-Tom Waits
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j j wrote:

j j
Aye. It's stuff like that, which irks me, greatly. You buy something, with a confidence, that the merchant, will honour their end of the deal, and when they don't, and still get to sell online....It get's to you, quickly.

The most irritating online transaction, I've ever had the honour, of being a part of, was when I bought a former missus, a set of Los Angeles Kings ear rings, as a gift.

The merchant was 9 miles, down the road, but they only did online transactions, so their prices would stay low.

From Fullerton, the parcel should have stopped in Bell Gardens(the official black hole, of the USPS. I'm not joking. This is straight from the brass, of the USPS. More packages, arrive here, before disappearing, than anywhere else, in the US.), before getting plonked through the mail slot, the next day, if that.

Instead, it goes from Fullerton, to Bell Gardens. Sits a few days, before getting airlifted to Seattle. Then, it makes its way, to North Carolina, outside of Raleigh. It took a 40 mile detour, outside of Raleigh, before I guess, someone realised the cock up, cuz it was sent back to Raleigh, before making its way back west, to my mail slot.

A 10 mile trip, turned into an excursion, in excess of 5,000 miles. And, what should have taken no more, than 2 days, took almost 2 weeks. I was glad I ordered as early as I did, as I'd been late, giving the missus her gift. Rolling Eyes

What started off, as a frustrating affair, quickly turned into one of pure comedy. She and I, would check on the parcel's whereabouts, to see where it was. She had no idea, what the gift was, but she would shake her head, and snigger about how hapless the USPS, was/is. Laughing

-Tom Waits
j j
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Doc what a bloody hassle! I've only ever had 1 order lost in post - that was a couple of CD's from Amazon - the shipping container they were in got broken into somewhere in Sth America on it's way to NZ???

So NZ POst sent me the empty opened Amazon envelope, inside another envelope & a note saying sorry Evil or Very Mad

Somehow Amazon must of been notified & they sent replacements so all worked out in the end Very Happy
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j j wrote:
Jesus Doc what a bloody hassle! I've only ever had 1 order lost in post - that was a couple of CD's from Amazon - the shipping container they were in got broken into somewhere in Sth America on it's way to NZ???

So NZ POst sent me the empty opened Amazon envelope, inside another envelope & a note saying sorry Evil or Very Mad

Somehow Amazon must of been notified & they sent replacements so all worked out in the end Very Happy
Packages getting broken into, was common occurrence, at the USPS sorting facility, at Bell Gardens, prior to, and during my sojourn, in Los Angeles. Though, steps were being taken, to deal with this occurrence, just as I was leaving the city.

To this day, I'm still miffed, about the USPS delivery guy, chucking the record player, my then missus got me, for a pressie, over the fence, instead of setting it, on the cement, among other things he damaged, of the neighbourhood's.
Rolling Eyes

-Tom Waits
j j
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally after several months searching I nabbed a copy Very Happy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005R2DV8O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of him/her/them.

Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest haul from Rouncey:
Danny Hernandez & the Ones ~ AS LONG AS I'VE GOT YOU (Rare Earth red vinyl promo)
Joe Simon ~ THAT'S THE WAY I WANT OUR LOVE c/w WHEN (Sound Stage 7)
5th. Dimension ~ TOGETHER LET'S FIND LOVE c/w NEVER MY LOVE (Bell)
People's Choice ~ JAM JAM JAM (ALL NIGHT LONG) c/w COLD-BLOODED AND DOWNRIGHT FUNKY (Phil. Int. Italian pressing)
Fantastic Four ~ I LOVE YOU MADLY c/w Inst. (Ric Tic)
Eddie Holman ~ I'LL BE THERE c/w CAUSE YOU'RE MINE LITTLE GIRL (ABC)
Groundhog ~ ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES Pts 1 & 2 (Gemigo)
Commodores ~ SAIL ON c/w THUMPIN' MUSIC (Motown)
Four Tops ~ YESTERDAY'S DREAMS c/w IN THESE CHANGING TIMES (Motown Yesteryear)
Gap Band ~ DISRESPECT c/w Inst. (Total Experience)
Secrets ~ BABY SAVE ME Pts. 1 & 2 (Vogue)
Isley Brothers ~ MIDNIGHT SKY Pts. 1 & 2 (T-Neck)
Shirley Ellis ~ THE NITTY GRITTY c/w GIVE ME A LIST (London)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Recommendations / Reviews / Clunkers and stinkers!!! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 40 of 45

Jump to: