Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A couple mixes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Have a listen!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a bit tied up at work to listen yet...
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 30177
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Been a bit tied up at work to listen yet...
It's worth the listen. Marc's sound effects, add ambiance, as well. Wink
_________________
It seems that our brave new world is becoming less tolerant, spiritual and educated than it ever was when I was young.
-Lemmy Kilmister

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not got there...but I like it when a bit of ambulance is added...
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 30177
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Still not got there...but I like it when a bit of ambulance is added...
Suddenly, Monty Python, springs to mind! Very Happy
_________________
It seems that our brave new world is becoming less tolerant, spiritual and educated than it ever was when I was young.
-Lemmy Kilmister

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anbessa wrote:
Song of freedom, song about freedom... Hope you'll enjoy !

Tracklist :
1. Soul Brothers - Freedom sounds
2. Gaylads - Someday I will be free
3. Stranger Cole - When I get my freedom
4. Freedom Group - Sing a little song of freedom
5. Joe Higgs - Freedom journey
6. Burning Spear - We are free
7. Freddie McKay - Free man
8. L. Crossdale - Set me free
9. Hiacees - Man free now
10. Richard McDonald - I wanna be free
11. Ken Boothe - Freedom time
12. Stranger Cole - Freedom, justice and equality
13. Mojah - Songs of freedom
14. Gladiators - Freedom train
15. Dudley Sibley - Free dreadlocks
16. Earl 16 - Freedom
17. More Relation - Freedom (ext)

https://www.mixcloud.com/anbessarootsreggae/songs-of-freedom/
Having a go now Cool
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
RudePete
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 14832
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening now too..... Freedom Group is Max Romeo is it not?...
_________________
Blessed are the cheesemakers....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bosssounds
Golden Festival


Joined: 14 May 2003
Posts: 9517
Location: Near sunny Southend-on-Sea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Listening now too..... Freedom Group is Max Romeo is it not?...


I believe so Pete - I think I had this on a UK Tropical 45.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Charlie Chalk
Golden Festival


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 8638
Location: Oxford

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosssounds wrote:
Quote:
Listening now too..... Freedom Group is Max Romeo is it not?...


I believe so Pete - I think I had this on a UK Tropical 45.

Are you sure you don't mean Randy's Marc?
_________________
Natty ago watch the baldhead hairdresser; real live wire.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/iloveoxfordutd/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2654
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosssounds wrote:
Quote:
Listening now too..... Freedom Group is Max Romeo is it not?...


I believe so Pete - I think I had this on a UK Tropical 45.
As soon as the singer opened his mouth, I thought "Maxie!".
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
anbessa wrote:
Song of freedom, song about freedom... Hope you'll enjoy !

Tracklist :
1. Soul Brothers - Freedom sounds
2. Gaylads - Someday I will be free
3. Stranger Cole - When I get my freedom
4. Freedom Group - Sing a little song of freedom
5. Joe Higgs - Freedom journey
6. Burning Spear - We are free
7. Freddie McKay - Free man
8. L. Crossdale - Set me free
9. Hiacees - Man free now
10. Richard McDonald - I wanna be free
11. Ken Boothe - Freedom time
12. Stranger Cole - Freedom, justice and equality
13. Mojah - Songs of freedom
14. Gladiators - Freedom train
15. Dudley Sibley - Free dreadlocks
16. Earl 16 - Freedom
17. More Relation - Freedom (ext)

https://www.mixcloud.com/anbessarootsreggae/songs-of-freedom/
Having a go now Cool
Excellent - cheers, Marc Cool Cool
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
anbessa
Paradise


Joined: 15 Apr 2015
Posts: 317

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to listen to my likkle mixes ! Glad you enjoyed my sound effects too. Sometimes, when I listen to my mixes again, I realize I should be less "generous" when using them, but it's quite fun to do... Very Happy

@ Pete : It's indeed Max Romeo - and a couple unidentified backing singers - singing as the "Freedom Singers". I have it on Randy's "Impact" label.
_________________
Small label. Big artists.

www.soulofanbessa.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anbessa wrote:
@ Pete : It's indeed Max Romeo - and a couple unidentified backing singers - singing as the "Freedom Singers". I have it on Randy's "Impact" label.
Thanks Smile
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 30177
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anbessa wrote:
Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to listen to my likkle mixes ! Glad you enjoyed my sound effects too. Sometimes, when I listen to my mixes again, I realize I should be less "generous" when using them, but it's quite fun to do... Very Happy

@ Pete : It's indeed Max Romeo - and a couple unidentified backing singers - singing as the "Freedom Singers". I have it on Randy's "Impact" label.
I like the sound effects, and view them, as a "watermark", should anyone nick them, for their own usage. Kinda like when Joe had some photos of his 45's, being used by others, a few years ago. His graffiti was a dead give away. Wink
_________________
It seems that our brave new world is becoming less tolerant, spiritual and educated than it ever was when I was young.
-Lemmy Kilmister

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:
anbessa wrote:
Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to listen to my likkle mixes ! Glad you enjoyed my sound effects too. Sometimes, when I listen to my mixes again, I realize I should be less "generous" when using them, but it's quite fun to do... Very Happy

@ Pete : It's indeed Max Romeo - and a couple unidentified backing singers - singing as the "Freedom Singers". I have it on Randy's "Impact" label.
I like the sound effects, and view them, as a "watermark", should anyone nick them, for their own usage. Kinda like when Joe had some photos of his 45's, being used by others, a few years ago. His graffiti was a dead give away. Wink
...only helped me recognise them though...

Here's one (Upsetters ~ MEDICAL OPERATION)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiH_rxfTqis
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Have a listen!!! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 22 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group