Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 2015 Peckings haul...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Recommendations / Reviews / Clunkers and stinkers!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BAFF BOOM
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 3419
Location: Southampton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice hauls there chaps,heard that dandy tune,nice,haven't heard it in years,should have nabbed it,but if you snooze you lose
_________________
Step across,and meet the boss
............................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Chalk wrote:
There Is A Mountain:

The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is

The caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain

Oh Juanita, oh Juanita, oh Juanita, I call your name (Ah)
Oh, The snow will be a blinding sight to see, as it lies on yonder hillside.

The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain


Not your usual Reggae fayre. No mention of Natty Dread, Babylon or Selassie! Rolling Eyes Wink
Isn't a take or a cover of a Donovan song (or someone like that)?
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosssounds wrote:
I always thought it was 'Look Upon My Garden Gate' Embarrassed
I'd forgotten about the song, so I had no recollection of the lyrics at all.
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Charlie Chalk
Golden Festival


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 8638
Location: Oxford

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Charlie Chalk wrote:
There Is A Mountain:

The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is

The caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain

Oh Juanita, oh Juanita, oh Juanita, I call your name (Ah)
Oh, The snow will be a blinding sight to see, as it lies on yonder hillside.

The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within
Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
First there is a mountain


Not your usual Reggae fayre. No mention of Natty Dread, Babylon or Selassie! Rolling Eyes Wink
Isn't a take or a cover of a Donovan song (or someone like that)?

It's a Donovan song.
_________________
Natty ago watch the baldhead hairdresser; real live wire.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/iloveoxfordutd/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2654
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAFF BOOM wrote:
Represses.
Delroy williams-your mind-message.
Charlie organaire-bad boy charlie-studio one.
Don carlos-prepare jah man-rawse.
Bob marley-concrete jungle-upsetter.
Soul brothers-freedom sounds-studio one
New.
Chronixx-here comes trouble-overstand.
Original.
Joy white-idlers on the street-grounation.
Martin.
Two blanks(noel grey i think)thanks martin.
Marc.
Earl bostic-4 track ep-vogue(jazz)
King stitt-herbsman shuffle-blank(thanks marc)

Chuffed with that lot,would have posted earlier but had to settle down to watch saints win on motd Smile
Some nice tunes there, Steve.

Thanks for the nudge about the Delroy Williams (piqued my curiosity, otherwise I mightn't have listened).

The Saints dun brilliant, didn't they - the lads gave 110%
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Bosssounds
Golden Festival


Joined: 14 May 2003
Posts: 9517
Location: Near sunny Southend-on-Sea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Saints dun brilliant, didn't they - the lads gave 110%


And piling on even more misery for the chosen one - result Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BAFF BOOM
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 3419
Location: Southampton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you listen to mourino,saints weren't in it,twat.
Simons got some pics from yesterday,as soon as he sends them i'll upload
_________________
Step across,and meet the boss
............................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAFF BOOM wrote:
Simons got some pics from yesterday,as soon as he sends them i'll upload
I'll look forward to seeing them Wink
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
RudePete
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 14832
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
BAFF BOOM wrote:
Simons got some pics from yesterday,as soon as he sends them i'll upload
I'll look forward to seeing them Wink


+1
_________________
Blessed are the cheesemakers....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 30177
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all brought back some real gems, fellows.....I found it intriguing that Joe nabbed a copy of that Natives 45 on Deltone......I got a copy of that, on Friday! Laughing

Almost gave that Charlie Organaire 45 from Dub Store a punt, but passed up on it.....I'll have to rectify that soon come....It's a great tune!

Looking forward to the photos!

Cool Cool
_________________
It seems that our brave new world is becoming less tolerant, spiritual and educated than it ever was when I was young.
-Lemmy Kilmister

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
RudePete
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 14832
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:

Looking forward to the photos!



Check the original thread (or Facebook for pics and vids!)... Cool
_________________
Blessed are the cheesemakers....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 30177
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudePete wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:

Looking forward to the photos!



Check the original thread (or Facebook for pics and vids!)... Cool
Just came from there....Wonderful photos! I'll have to give FB a gander, soon come it seems..... Wink
_________________
It seems that our brave new world is becoming less tolerant, spiritual and educated than it ever was when I was young.
-Lemmy Kilmister

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin


Joined: 12 May 2003
Posts: 61304
Location: Surrey (KT16)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may catch Pete dancing/skanking in one of Farda P's clips Wink
_________________
Play it nice and cool, son. Nice and cool! You know what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
RudePete
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 14832
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Pete dancing/skanking


Or summat.... Surprised
_________________
Blessed are the cheesemakers....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 30177
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudePete wrote:
Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Pete dancing/skanking


Or summat.... Surprised
Mr. Green
_________________
It seems that our brave new world is becoming less tolerant, spiritual and educated than it ever was when I was young.
-Lemmy Kilmister

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Recommendations / Reviews / Clunkers and stinkers!!! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group