Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE PIONEERS 50TH ANNIVERSARY IN THE REGGAE MUSIC BUSINESS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inyaso
On Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: THE PIONEERS 50TH ANNIVERSARY IN THE REGGAE MUSIC BUSINESS Reply with quote

Hello Pioneers fans. Some years ago Sanctuary Records commissioned a CD by the Pioneers under the auspices of the late Lloyd Chamers but it was not released. I was privileged to hear it and wondered if Sanctuary or Trojan would consider releasing it as a tribute to the groups 50th anniversary in the business. The problem is I am not sure who to contact. If you do can you let me know? Some of the tracks include a tribute to ragamuffin DJ's playing the songs of Beres, Capelton, Cutty Ranks, Shabba Ranks, Ninja Man, Papa San, Garnet Silk, Buju Banton, and Tony Rebel ; Let it Show, Going to Jamaica on Coconut Airlines, Falling in Love, Know what love is, and Love you Madly. Awesome tracks.

Also, a book has been published that is dedicated to the Pioneers album/Cd sleeves for their 50th anniversary celebration. It is available on Lulu Publishing. Two more book are forthcoming on the proverbs and social commentary in the Pioneers works also as part of their 50 anniversary tribute. Watch out for them on Lulu.
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello inyaso,

Laurence Cane-Honeysett may know something - he can be found on Facebook quite easily, although he is "distracted" by family matters right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
munizedward

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forbes will be given "The Toronto International Jamaica Day Legend Award," in energy about his recognized administration and extraordinary commitment to Jamaica's melodic heritage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Artists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: