Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Records/TT Needles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Sales / Wants / Swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Records/TT Needles Reply with quote

Met a lovely couple, from Leicester, today. Got to talking records, and whatdoyouknow......They may be able to lend some of us, a hand, finding that elusive record. They also sell needles, for TT's:

They have a pal in Caversham, named John/Jon Cousins, whose name rings a bell, but I haven't a clue why.

Anyway, here's how to contact them:

Needles@btconnect.com

Graham + Sue Mosby.

I told them, I'd be passing this info, on to others, and they look forward to all correspondence.

They'll be Stateside, for a spell, so I don't reckon, they'll reply, too quickly, though. Graham is on the hunt, to see if'n he's related to Marse John S. Mosby. Wink

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
RudePete
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Records/TT Needles Reply with quote

Dr. Sploom wrote:

They have a pal in Caversham,

I hope you told them of the buzzing Reggae night in their neighbourhood... Wink Cool
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Records/TT Needles Reply with quote

RudePete wrote:
Dr. Sploom wrote:

They have a pal in Caversham,

I hope you told them of the buzzing Reggae night in their neighbourhood... Wink Cool
But, of course! As for the couple, they weren't really into Reggae, having been the prime age, to become avid followers of Skiffle, then Beat Music. Sue got to see the Fab Four, three times! Has the receipts or summat, to prove it! Must be an English thing! Mr. Green Wink

Now, their pal Cousins, in Caversham, is into all sorts of stuff, so I'm wondering if you haven't seen him, or perhaps, Martin(RIP), or Jim did, at a do..... Confused

-Tom Waits
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I also mentioned I had pals in: Oxford, Southend-On-Sea, Kent, and Southampton. Marc's last name, Griffiths, was discussed at length. They were wondering if he was Welsh. Smile

-Tom Waits
Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FWIW, I also mentioned I had pals in: Oxford, Southend-On-Sea, Kent, and Southampton. Marc's last name, Griffiths, was discussed at length. They were wondering if he was Welsh. Smile

Grandfather on my father's side came from the Valleys apparently, so in terms of lineage I'm not far removed, although I never knew the poor bugger since as a fighting soldier he perished in Italy circa 1943. Only been to Wales a few times though.
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bosssounds wrote:
Quote:

Grandfather on my father's side came from the Valleys apparently, so in terms of lineage I'm not far removed, although I never knew the poor bugger since as a fighting soldier he perished in Italy circa 1943. Only been to Wales a few times though.
Oof. Italy was a hard front, to fight on. Bless him, for his service, and sacrifice.

-Tom Waits
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice connection to make, Doc... Cool

Don't need any "needles" at the moment though.

Spotted a "Jon" Cousins from Reading on FB, but didn't recognise him - and he looked a bit young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
A nice connection to make, Doc... Cool

Don't need any "needles" at the moment though.

Spotted a "Jon" Cousins from Reading on FB, but didn't recognise him - and he looked a bit young.
Yes. It was a wonderful time, talking to them. They knew a lot, about the Beat days, and the early years, of the Northern Soul scene.

It was extra nice, to be able to, talk to someone who immediately associated Skin'eads, with Reggae music. And, not WP, or the like.

As for Cousins, I haven't a clue, as to their age. I swear I read an article by a John/Jon Cousins, years ago, but I can't rightly say.

All the same, I hope this fellow, pops round to RSG one night! Smile

-Tom Waits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Sales / Wants / Swaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: