Trojan Forum Forum Index Trojan Forum
Trojan and other JA music discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prince Buster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Recommendations / Reviews / Clunkers and stinkers!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudisallround
Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
I've been running with the Sunrise releases.

The Charmers' CRYING OVER YOU isn't on those (and I don't have the tune anywhere), but I confidently predict it'll be on the Sunrise 1962 part 2 edition.
. How Can I Be Sure - Higgs & Wilson - Higgs & Wilson
2. Sit And Cry - Owen Gray & Millie Small - Owen Gray & Millie Small
3. Love Not To Brag - Derrick & Patsy & Drumbago All Stars - Derrick & Patsy & Drumbago All Stars
4. Daddy - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers
5. Good Morning - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet
6. In My Heart -Derrick Morgan - Derrick Morgan
7. My Sound That Goes Around -Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters - Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters
8. Tell Me Why - The Blues Busters - The Blues Busters
9. Lonely Days - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
10. You're A Cheat - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars
11. Pack Up Your Troubles - Eric Morris - Eric Morris
12. Boy Meets Girl - Basil Gabbidon & Yvonne Harrison - Basil Gabbidon & Yvonne Harriso
13. You Better Be Gone - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats
14. Keep It In Mind - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo
15. Lucille - Laurel Aitken - Laurel Aitken
16. Are You Going To Marry Me - Derick Morgan & Patsy Todd - Derrick Morgan & Patsy Todd
17. Iverene - Basil Gabbidon - Basil Gabbidon
18. Four Corners Of The World - Roland Alphonso & The Alley Cats - Roland Alphonso & The Alley Cats
19. Best Twist - Owen Gray - Owen Gray
20. Crying Over You - The Charmers & Prince Buster’s Voice Of The People - The Charmers & Prince Buster's Voice of The People
21. G.I. Lady (A Love I Must Find) - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars
22. Independence Song - Prince Buster & The Blue Beats - Prince Buster & The Blue Beats
23. Oh Murder - Owen & Leon Silveras with Drumbago’s All Stars - Owen & Leon Silveras with Drumbagos All Stars
24. My Happy Home - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd with Hersang & His Group - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd with Hersand & His Group
25. Twelve Minutes To Go - Don Drummond's Group - Don Drummond's Group
26. Come On Baby - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
27. They Got To Come - Prince Buster & All Stars - Prince Buster & The All Stars
28. Little Schoolgirl - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich
Disc: 2
1. Mighty Man - Higgs & Wilson - Higgs & Wilson
2. Do You Know - Owen Gray & Millie Small - Owen Gray & Millie Small
3. Duck Soup - Drumbago’s All Stars - Drumbago All Stars
4. Hello Love - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers
5. Now I Know The Reason - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet
6. Kingston 13 - Bell's Group - Bell's Group
7. They Got To Go - Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters - Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters
8. I've Done You Wrong - The Blues Busters - The Blues Busters
9. No Good Woman - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
10. Fools Day - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars
11. Oh What A Smile Can Do - Eric Morris - Eric Morris
12. Sam The Fisherman - Randy’s Group - Randy's Group
13. I've Been Walking - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats
14. Do You Want To Jump - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo
15. I'll Love You More Everyday - Laurel Aitken - Laurel Aitken
16. Troubles - Derick Morgan & Patsy Todd - Derrick Morgan & Patsy Todd
17. Lover Man - Basil Gabbidon - Basil Gabbidon
18. Romantic Shuffle - The Shiners - The Shiners
19. Grandma, Grandpa - Owen Gray - Owen Gray
20. Now You Want To Cry - The Charmers & Prince Buster’s Voice Of The People - The Charmers & Prince Buster's Voice of The People
21. Going To The River - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars
22. August 1962 - Rico & The Blue Beats - Rico & The Blue Beats
23. My Forty Four - Roy Panton & Drumbago All Stars - Roy Panton & Drumbago All Stars
24. In Your Arms Dear - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd
25. Midnight Train - Hortense Ellis - Hortense Ellis
26. My Own Desire - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
27. These Are The Times - Prince Buster & All Stars - Prince Buster & The All Stars
28. Hush Baby? - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich

‹ Return to Product Overview

Amazon.co.uk Privacy Statement Amazon.co.uk Delivery Information Amazon.co.uk Returns & Exchanges
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that upload, Pete - this version sounds familiar (and I don't mean because of Ken Boothe's cover), although I'm not certain I ever heard it before.

I'll look forward to owning a copy, if only on CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63rcdLeXiU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudisallround wrote:
Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
I've been running with the Sunrise releases.

The Charmers' CRYING OVER YOU isn't on those (and I don't have the tune anywhere), but I confidently predict it'll be on the Sunrise 1962 part 2 edition.
. How Can I Be Sure - Higgs & Wilson - Higgs & Wilson
2. Sit And Cry - Owen Gray & Millie Small - Owen Gray & Millie Small
3. Love Not To Brag - Derrick & Patsy & Drumbago All Stars - Derrick & Patsy & Drumbago All Stars
4. Daddy - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers
5. Good Morning - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet
6. In My Heart -Derrick Morgan - Derrick Morgan
7. My Sound That Goes Around -Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters - Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters
8. Tell Me Why - The Blues Busters - The Blues Busters
9. Lonely Days - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
10. You're A Cheat - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars
11. Pack Up Your Troubles - Eric Morris - Eric Morris
12. Boy Meets Girl - Basil Gabbidon & Yvonne Harrison - Basil Gabbidon & Yvonne Harriso
13. You Better Be Gone - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats
14. Keep It In Mind - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo
15. Lucille - Laurel Aitken - Laurel Aitken
16. Are You Going To Marry Me - Derick Morgan & Patsy Todd - Derrick Morgan & Patsy Todd
17. Iverene - Basil Gabbidon - Basil Gabbidon
18. Four Corners Of The World - Roland Alphonso & The Alley Cats - Roland Alphonso & The Alley Cats
19. Best Twist - Owen Gray - Owen Gray
20. Crying Over You - The Charmers & Prince Buster’s Voice Of The People - The Charmers & Prince Buster's Voice of The People
21. G.I. Lady (A Love I Must Find) - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars
22. Independence Song - Prince Buster & The Blue Beats - Prince Buster & The Blue Beats
23. Oh Murder - Owen & Leon Silveras with Drumbago’s All Stars - Owen & Leon Silveras with Drumbagos All Stars
24. My Happy Home - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd with Hersang & His Group - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd with Hersand & His Group
25. Twelve Minutes To Go - Don Drummond's Group - Don Drummond's Group
26. Come On Baby - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
27. They Got To Come - Prince Buster & All Stars - Prince Buster & The All Stars
28. Little Schoolgirl - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich
Disc: 2
1. Mighty Man - Higgs & Wilson - Higgs & Wilson
2. Do You Know - Owen Gray & Millie Small - Owen Gray & Millie Small
3. Duck Soup - Drumbago’s All Stars - Drumbago All Stars
4. Hello Love - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers - Kent Brown & Jeannie with The City Slickers
5. Now I Know The Reason - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet - Lloyd Clarke & Smith's Sextet
6. Kingston 13 - Bell's Group - Bell's Group
7. They Got To Go - Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters - Prince Buster & His Torch Lighters
8. I've Done You Wrong - The Blues Busters - The Blues Busters
9. No Good Woman - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
10. Fools Day - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars - Lloyd Clarke & Reco's All Stars
11. Oh What A Smile Can Do - Eric Morris - Eric Morris
12. Sam The Fisherman - Randy’s Group - Randy's Group
13. I've Been Walking - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats - Beresford Ricketts & The Blue Beats
14. Do You Want To Jump - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo - Owen Gray & The Les Dawson Combo
15. I'll Love You More Everyday - Laurel Aitken - Laurel Aitken
16. Troubles - Derick Morgan & Patsy Todd - Derrick Morgan & Patsy Todd
17. Lover Man - Basil Gabbidon - Basil Gabbidon
18. Romantic Shuffle - The Shiners - The Shiners
19. Grandma, Grandpa - Owen Gray - Owen Gray
20. Now You Want To Cry - The Charmers & Prince Buster’s Voice Of The People - The Charmers & Prince Buster's Voice of The People
21. Going To The River - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars - Eric Morris & Buster's All Stars
22. August 1962 - Rico & The Blue Beats - Rico & The Blue Beats
23. My Forty Four - Roy Panton & Drumbago All Stars - Roy Panton & Drumbago All Stars
24. In Your Arms Dear - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd - Roy Panton & Patsy Todd
25. Midnight Train - Hortense Ellis - Hortense Ellis
26. My Own Desire - Owen Gray & The Sonny Bradshaw Quartet - Owen Gray & Sonny Bradshaw Quartet
27. These Are The Times - Prince Buster & All Stars - Prince Buster & The All Stars
28. Hush Baby? - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich - Rudy Grant & Sketto Rich

‹ Return to Product Overview

Amazon.co.uk Privacy Statement Amazon.co.uk Delivery Information Amazon.co.uk Returns & Exchanges
Thanks, Howard Smile Cool

I really didn't know part 2 was already released.

I've just ordered it Wink

rudisallround
Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Beat-1962-Part-Best/dp/B00BTV5YHI/ref=pd_sim_m_h__1
rudisallround
Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Beat-1962-Part-Best/dp/B00BTV5YHI/ref=pd_sim_m_h__1
Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are coming a bit too fast and furious for my pocket!
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but for not much more than the price of a couple of pints, it has to be done.

And Part 3 (thanks for the link Howard) isn't out until early May, so I pe-ordered.

Poison_Flour
Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clunker ?

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Buster-The-Blue-Beat-Singles-1961-1962/release/6951113
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it.

I have a good number on other albums etc. and don't remember much of a clunk factor at all.

Dr. Sploom
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote:
Doubt it.

I have a good number on other albums etc. and don't remember much of a clunk factor at all.

Aye. Not a clunker. IINM, all of the singles included on this set, are also included on those recent "The Story of Blue Beat" offerings from Sunrise. A few are on those "The Story of Blue Beat" sets, from Not Now/One Day Music.....This Dynamite! LP, is an easier way to get your Buster fix, though....Sound quality should be good, too. At least it is, on my LP's from Dynamite! Wink

I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.
-Tom Waits
cormska
Get On The Ball

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know why they stopped reissuing the Sunrise Story Of Bluebeat CDs?
Was looking forward to 64 and 65!
Is to do with PB family having issues with royalties?
ReggaeFire
Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had to stop due to the change in EU law regarding copyright. The law used to have music drop into public domain after 50 years, but when that threatened big money makers like The Beatles, the copyright period was extended (another 20 years or so I think?). There won't be any more volumes until that time (unless someone decides to break the law).
Bosssounds
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They had to stop due to the change in EU law regarding copyright. The law used to have music drop into public domain after 50 years, but when that threatened big money makers like The Beatles, the copyright period was extended (another 20 years or so I think?). There won't be any more volumes until that time (unless someone decides to break the law).

Thanks RF (disappointing news as it is). I hadn't been aware of the change. I also think the one known otherwise as Harry Webb was another who was aggrieved that he might lose out financially from his earliest recordings (dem old pound note signs in his eyes once again Rolling Eyes ).
Zapatoo_the_Tiger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise the "70 years rule" had become enshrined in law and had thought that it was simply "wait and see" regarding releasing more Bluebeat singles material Sad

Half Soldier
Golden Festival

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it'll change back once we leave the EU...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trojan Forum Forum Index -> Recommendations / Reviews / Clunkers and stinkers!!! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: